Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Cozy Cottage

We stayed at the Cozy Cottage on Anna Maria Island, FL for the last week. The facade of the cottage does not give you any idea that this house is a very comfortable and spacious 3 bedroom/3 bath.


Nor does it provide any public view whatsoever of the lovely oasis awaiting us out back:


I didn't take any pictures inside, unfortunately, but the owner has done a lovely job of marrying beach house decorating with shabby chic. The third bedroom with two twins - where the girls stayed - was a very colorful patchwork beach theme. And the other two bedrooms with queen beds were painted very light green and gray and the beds had lovely shabby chic quilts in faded tiny floral patterns. It really made me think about my own room back at My Beach House which has been decorated for the last few years with a taupe shell print quilt as the center. With only one window getting any sun, my room is not very bright. On one of our cloudy day outings we found Beall's Department Store and I purchased this  lovely beachy quilt set for $52.00 - originally priced at $129.99. I'm sure there are better deals out there, but when I put the set on my bed, I instantly felt sunnier. My room is very tiny, but I don't think the color overwhelms at all. Do you?


I received an email from my BFF and vacation buddy, Betsy, that the new quilt would look better as pictured below. Hope she's happy!


I think she's right!

No comments:

Post a Comment