Sunday, July 10, 2011

Never-Ending pursuit of Beach Life

It's not just the beach house or even the beach itself, although those things count in a thousand different ways. It is the never-ending pursuit of beach life which must always include taking moments to appreciate what you've already been able to achieve in your pursuit. I believe there will never come a time in my life when I say, "This is it, I've finally achieved the ultimate in beach living and there is nothing left to do." There will always be another shell, another trip planned, another bottle to be filled with sand from a beach we are visiting for the first time. And although I have been a lover of the beach and beach life for all of my life, the real acknowledgement of my pursuit has come with my insatiable desire to impart this love to my child. 

Honeymoon Island, FL
It was 2000, the summer after Maddie turned five, I took her to Disney World. Friends of ours from church offered us a week at a timeshare in Indian Rocks Beach, FL on the Gulf Coast which I readily accepted. One day I took her to Honeymoon Island, a lovely state park with pearly sand and very few visitors on the edges. The rest of the week, we enjoyed the lovely blue-green waters of the Gulf Coast and the incomparable sunsets. 

Playing on the beach - Honeymoon Island, FL
















Sunset Indian Rocks Beach, FL

No comments:

Post a Comment